Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

LOAD update

P365 Day 15 by PattiP88
P365 Day 15, a photo by PattiP88 on Flickr.
Here's my P365 photo of the day. This is my handsome grandson.

But he's not the subject of the post. I'm celebrating the fact that I have managed to keep up with LOAD, or at least to always get caught up!

Total layouts since the start of September: 20. I've done 17 paper layouts and the rest are digital. This is a record number of paper layouts for me. I have never ever worked this fast! I'm glad I took LOAD to push my view of what's possible.

I do what paper layouts I can during the week, but if I get busy and don't get them done, I know a bit of concentrated time on the weekend will make it possible for me to catch up. This past week, I "owed" four layouts by the weekend. But it was a breeze to get them finished Saturday.

There were a few layouts along that way that I didn't think I liked that much, but when I look back over my stack, I'm actually pretty happy with them all. Since my paper stash wasn't huge to begin with, I'm sometimes having a bit of trouble finding paper that fits, but my color drawers are a big help in finding what I do have quickly, and my Sizzix is getting more work than it ever has creating titles for pages.

I'm focusing right now on getting old photos of my youngest son scrapped. I've got most of those stories done and will soon be moving on to photos of another child. Since I came to scrapbooking late in my parenting years, and I did nothing with our photos before then, I've got quite a bit of material to work with.

Once LOAD is done, Trish and I are going to continue working our way through our category drawers to get as many of those stories told as we can. We're motivated by the fact that she has to move next spring, so reducing what has to get packed and re-established in her new home is a priority. I'm playing along because otherwise I don't have a lot of motivation to scrap prints these days, and there are a lot of stories waiting in those drawers.

No comments: