Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Layout a Day

My stack of layouts from LOAD by PattiP88
My stack of layouts from LOAD, a photo by PattiP88 on Flickr.
Trish and I have just completed The Mother LOAD over at Big Picture Classes. This is my stack of paper layouts I did this month. There are also a handful of digital layouts that aren't printed yet.

I really dreaded doing this class, because I've always thought of myself as a slow paper scrapper, and I'm mostly digital, but Trish twisted my arm to join her. Trish and I decided to do mostly paper layouts in order to get some of the photos in our category drawers into albums. I assumed it would be really tough to keep up with this class.

And truth be told, I mostly got caught up on the weekends. But I have learned that I can do a handful of nice layouts in one lazy Saturday morning. Who knew? For me one of the keys is to get organized. First by pulling a stack of photos, enough for a lot of layouts, and putting them into a project folder. Having my embellishments, inks, paints and scraps in drawers by color is also immensely helpful. Liking simple pages also helps. Keeping my focus on the story and then the photos helps keep the layouts simple and therefore fairly quick to make.

In addition to getting lots of layouts done,  I've used up lots of bits and pieces of paper and embellishments (hello scraps!) that I've had laying around in my scrap room unused for a long time.

In fact, it's been such a positive experience, I plan on keeping up the tradition of doing 4-5 paper layouts every weekend I can. Maybe I'll finally get my children's childhood photos out of the drawers and into albums. It's about time, since they're all adults!

No comments: