Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Non diagnosis

My grandson who is 2/3 of the way through the diagnosis process, has been labeled ADHD. This is a non-active, mostly very calm child who loves to sit in front of a computer every day. or, if sent to his room, is capable of sitting there, staring at the wall for an hour. So I just don't get the ADHD thing.

My daughter has decided to not go through with this process, at least not with these doctors. She's seeing these particular doctors because her insurance is paying for it. But her autistic daughter sees an excellent doctor, who we all feel is more capable of understanding just where my grandson lies on the spectrum or off it. Hopefully he will be going there soon, so here too, we are back at the beginning.

He had a meltdown day a couple of days ago. He pretty much raged all day, which is the worst it's been so far. I'm thinking the stress of daddy's deployment is starting to show. He's the oldest child, the only boy, and typically very helpful. Sometimes I think he feels too much responsibility.

He usually enjoys being helpful. He hogs being helpful, not wanting his younger sister in on the game. But it was a simple request that set him off this time, and he was out of sorts until bedtime. He's ten. I'm afraid growing through the teen years may turn out to be tough for him.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: