Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Friday, January 28, 2011

When the body is sad....

"When the body is sad, the heart languishes." Albert Camus

I'm doing a little contemplating on this today. I like the way Camus describes this. I don't think I've ever thought about the body feeling sad. Hurting, in pain, or feeling healthy and alive, yes. But not sad.

We are so tied to our physical reality, and often at the same time very unobservant of it.

My body is certainly needing some time for rest and recuperation right now. I was told today that my intercostal muscle might not be back to normal for 6-8 weeks. Patience! I was hoping a couple of weeks would do it. But at the current rate of recovery, the longer prediction looks likely to be accurate.

I feel somewhat defeated in this because I really do want to get in better shape physically, but that's not possible when you can't take a full breath. I am going to have to learn to be content with very small steps.

So instead of having a goal to get into shape, I have a goal of being able to do my alignment exercises without pulling a rib out of place. I think I need to break that one down smaller as well. Perhaps just one exercise without pulling anything out.

Once again back at the beginning.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: