Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things We Love: Food


My grandchildren love doughnuts. Who doesn't? DH has to go to a bit of trouble to get these for them. That's because there is no Krispy Kreme store here. Not on this island. He buys them when he's on trips to Maui. So they are rare. But oh they are loved. The rainbow sprinkle ones are their favorite.

This photo made me realize I really want some white plates. Especially when compared to these pictures of the doughnuts in the box.

The plain glazed ones are for their uncle. Because I can't eat any. And DH shouldn't eat any. I'm gluten intolerant, and we are both on a low carb diet. Me for weight, him for health reasons.  So these lovelies are hanging around the house waiting for them to eat them. 

The grandchildren would eat them all in a day of course. Their uncle, being an adult, knows that it's better to savor one or two a day.

No comments: