Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Little Word


I've started working today on my One Little Word project, which is an inspiration of Ali Edwards. She is teaching a class over at Big Picture Classes starting now and going on throughout the year. We are going to get monthly prompts, downloads and videos to help us refocus on our word. If you aren't familiar with One Little Word, check out Ali's website and Big Picture Classes. I have only done this one previous year. I was, in fact, not certain I was going to do it again this year until I got notice about the class. Since I am totally in love with every class I've taken from Ali, I knew I had to do it. 


My One Little Word this year is Grace. The letters are Endless Love by Sizzix. I cut them out of orange peel white cardstock from Bazzill, then inked with VersaColor's celadon ink (60) followed by a tiny spritz of Perfect Pearls.

My word came to me on its own and there was simply no denying that it is my word for 2011. This makes me catch my breath. I'm just wondering in what ways I'll be challenged and stretched by grace this year. 

My word in 2010 was Family, and there was one aspect of family this year that was very difficult. It wasn't difficult people, it was difficult circumstances. I was glad, though, to be able to remind myself that Family was my focus this year, and that helped me live out my commitments and challenges. Then too, there was lots of positive, fun family time in 2010. I got to see all of my children and grandchildren this year, even those who live far away. So Family turned out to be a perfect word for 2010. 

I have run into one delay. The page protectors that Ali is using in this album are totally out of stock everywhere. I think it's a testimony to the huge response to Ali's class. At least, I'm assuming it's huge. It certainly deserves to be. We've barely gotten started and I'm loving it already.

This is the beginning of one of this month's tasks. These little cards need to be cut out and decorated and put into the lovely album. But I'm leaving them as it until I can get the page protectors. 

If you're sitting on the fence, jump right in. Here's the link, just to make it easy! 

No comments: