Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A lovely poem

Today I met Autism

I silently watched today
Hoping it was a dream
I sat and I stared
As I prepared myself to see
The world was going to crash down
Around those surrounding me
I felt out of orbit, like I was about to fly
I sat there and did nothing, and listened for a cry
 I patiently waited
For the mom to break down
At the very least, I expected a deep frown
But the mother took every piece 
Of advice that was offered
And as she sat there
She got much stronger
Today I saw Autism 
She is not more than three
And when I smiled at Autism 
She smiled back at me
Today I talked to Autism
She said that she loved me
And tomorrow when I see her
I will look at her and think
Autism is a diagnosis
But she will always be my niece
Her name is not Autism
Because that's a label, you see?
Her name is Princess Katie
And a princess she will always be

(c) Lynda M. Wilson

No comments: