Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dreaming

Inspired by Ali Edwards via Katie the Scarpbook Lady, I thought I'd post this today.

http//www.gonorway.no/norway/articles/484

I'm dreaming of a trip to this specific spot in Norway. The reason being, that little farm pictured in the photographs was where my grandfather was born. My cousin visited the farm in the 90's, and took this photograph:





Part of the farm house dates to the 1600's, though my family didn't own it back that far. The farm is no longer occupied.

I have this photograph of the farm passed down from my grandfather.





His entire extended family, as I understand it, all emigrated to Minnesota together. Ultimately quite a few of them ended up homesteading in Montana at the end of the 19th century.



I dream about a trip there, to hike that old road to the farm, a path my ancestors would have walked many times.




Patti

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: