Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

I'm very late getting started on this project but it's time to start.

Thankful Thought No. 1 - Travel.

I recently took an amazing trip, and I took this photo while flying between Los Angeles and Dallas. There are several things that amaze me about this. One is just the view of America that one sees from airplane windows. It is so varied. This photo documents the abrupt change from desert wasteland to irrigated farmland, somewhere in the Southwest.

The other thing that amazes me about travel is just how good we have it (in spite of all the hassles with Homeland Security measures). My grandparents travelled to America from Norway via ship, then they traveled across the country to Montana on the train. It took many days of travel to get where they were going. The trip from Norway to New York was over 3,500 miles. In contrast, I traveled about 3,800 miles in just over twelve hours. For that I am very thankful!

No comments: