Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Words

I'm following #reverb10 for one word a day to write and think about 2010 as the year wraps up .


Since it's the 2nd and I didn't get my post up yesterday, today is 2 for 1.

December 1 One Word
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


My word for 2010 is Family. I actually chose it in January, being inspired by Ali Edwards to focus on a word for the year. And boy, this turned out to be a year of family focus! Our youngest daughter was in a car wreck that left her injured and needing help most of the year. She has 3 kids, including the one with autism and the one with suspected Asperger's. That's the most all-encompassing thing for me about 2010. In addition, her husband, who is in the Navy, has been out to sea a lot of the year, which always makes everything harder.


Not that it's all negative, in spite of the stress and my daughter's pain. I did get to spend a lot of time with my grandchildren, which we all thoroughly enjoy. And my daughter and her boyfriend and my older son and his family have all gotten to visit this year. It's amazing to me, though, how much of the year ended up being very much focused on this one word.
So yes, 2010 was the year of Family.


December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)



Since I'm not an author, I'm going to change this a bit. What do I do each day that doesn't contribute to  reaching my goals? Can I eliminate it? I'm not sure I want to. My biggest distraction is being online. I do want to focus that more and spend less time dinking around, but let's face it. At the end of the day, when I'm tired and want mindless activity, Facebook fits the bill for me. I don't watch TV, so I hang out online. Are there other things I could be doing? Definitely. Do I have the energy to? Definitely not.


Asperger's/Autism
No real news on this front today. My grandson was evaluated today to see which social skills group to put him in. He stutters pretty badly, which was the impetus for all this evaluating. Asperger's eval is on Monday.

No comments: