Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#reverb 10 Catch Up

I'm horribly behind. Life has gotten in the way. Illness mostly, but also just being busy with family and work.

But here's the next #rever10 prompt

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)


Oh, there are so many. I'll pick a recent, early morning. The air was cool and smelled spicy from the surrounding eucalyptus trees. There was only the slightest of breezes. I was full of gratitude for living here, for the air and the plants and the smells, and for feeling good.


December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)


I am always inspired by nature and small children. Sitting in our lovely garden, walking along the beach, spending time with grandkids and young students. They all give me a sense of wonder.


December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)


I let go of unrealistic expectations of my husband and my grandson. Since 'discovering' Asperger's and his own conclusion that it describes him well, I've realized that it's all too easy to expect things from others they are unable to give. I'm learning to be OK with who they are. This has been a long journey in some ways, but it has really come into focus just in the last month.


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)


The last thing I made was a scrapbook page. This one:



I did it entirely digitally, which is my most frequent means of scrapbooking these days. No materials needed other than my computer, Photoshop Elements, and some photos and digital papers.  I was full of gratitude for having these people in my life.



No comments: