Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tranquility and Joy

As I sit in the peace of early morning, listening to doves coo and water drip from the ginger leaves, I am reflecting on joy. In the case, very specific joy. The joy of my granddaughter in anticipating Christmas. The joy she had when we went shopping for presents for her siblings and friend. The joy she had making gift tags to put on them. Her joy is so simple and child-like because she is a child.

It reminds me of Jesus' admonition that we must become like little children to enter his kingdom. This was spoken in the context of the disciples' concern for rank and position in that kingdom. And Jesus' response was to direct them to be like little children. If you observe young children, they are not concerned about climbing the ladder of success. They aren't concerned with power over others, or even what their life will be like in five minutes, much less tomorrow or five years from now.

So what does this have to do with joy? I think it has everything to do with it. Joy doesn't come from being busy or successful or famous. It comes from simple things. Love. Trust. Enjoying what we have and who we are. Living in your present, not your past or your future.

So my wish and prayer for the world today is Joy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: