Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Friday, December 17, 2010

#reverb10 for December 10

Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)


Hmm - did I make any wise decisions this year? Maybe it was to choose Family as my word of the year. It certainly played out to be a year of the family. For one, there were family needs to take care of that were very unexpected and demanding. For another, we got to enjoy time with every member of our immediate family, far and near. And my depth of understanding of other family members has certainly deepened. So, yep, I'm going with choosing Family for my word of the year.


In case you are wondering, picking one word to focus on for the year is inspired by the wonderful Ali Edwards at aliedwards.com. She's a wonderful designer, scrap booker, and inspiring person who also happens to have a son on the autism spectrum. Ali is teaching a class in 2011 at Big Picture Classes for people who want to focus more on the word for the year. I have to say, I've heard about this idea of picking a word for the year before, but this is the first year I've actually picked one. I'm very glad I did. It helped remind me, when life was going crazy around here, about what I wanted to focus on, and what was important. It helped keep me from having a pity party a time or two. And it made me more conscious to be aware and thankful for the family I have, with all it's weirdness (which includes me, by the way). 

No comments: