Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon, with a little help from Instragram


On my recent trip, I got to go to the Grand Canyon for the first time in my life. After the Simply Music Symposium I flew to Phoenix to visit my brother and his wife. We drove to the Grand Canyon one morning, the early afternoon checking out overlooks and having lunch, then drove back to Phoenix. It was a full day, but well worth the trip.

It was interesting to me because of course the scale is so huge it's hard to fathom, especially just from looking at photographs.  It is just amazing to think how wide the river must have been once upon a time, and the sheer power to create such an amazing place.

But in terms of sheer beauty, I think Hawaii's Waimea Canyon on Kauai has it beat. It is much smaller, of course, but the colors are more intense throughout the day. Sorry, I don't have any photos in my library - my son has taken some gorgeous photos there so I'll have to ask him if I can share when he's recovered from this nasty illness that has him in its grip.

We were hoping to be able to stop at Montezuma's Castle on the way back to Phoenix, but we were in the area about 30 minutes past closing. Oh well! It's one more thing to do on my next trip to AZ.

Patti

No comments: