Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


I'm back from my trip, and starting to get settled into home routines. The trip was wonderful from start to finish. The image a photo I took of an old log building that sits in the very small community that my paternal grandparents homesteaded in originally. It's not too far from the farm I grew up on, but I had never been over there. My brother, who lives on our family farm, had never searched out the community either. It appears on Google maps, but it is really just a collection of a few houses, out on the prairie a few miles from a small town in Montana.

It used to be more of a community, with a church built on land donated by my grandmother. There is no sign of where the church was specifically located, so I'm going to have to do some research to find out. There is an old grain elevator still standing, possibly from the 1920's or 30's. Everything else in the neighborhood is much more modern.

I had been hoping to find some remnants of the church building, but I'm happy at least that this old log building still stands and I got the opportunity to take a photo of it.

No comments: