Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

iPad Scrapping

One thing that is new in my life is scrapping on the iPad. I recently took iScrapIt taught by Renée Pearson. Class is over now, but she will be offering it again, so watch her site or sign up for emails so you don't miss it. If you've got an iPad, and you scrap, you want this class!

 I've been wanting to scrap on my iPad since I first purchased it. I knew there had to be a way to do it, but I didn't have the know how to figure out which program would work. Having almost no experience with creating presentations, I never even thought of using Keynote.

Keynote is a presentation program for Mac OS, and there is a very functional version available for the iPad. It makes creating grid-based layouts on the iPad very easy and quick. Keynote comes with twelve themes, each with their own color palette and photo style, but these can all be switched up and altered with a little know-how. Custom colors aren't possible, but the range of hues and tones is quite large, so it's not really limiting. Hopefully in a future version, Apple will allow custom color palettes.

These layouts are not in a standard size for printing, but they are close to an 8.5 x 11 landscape. One of the things we learned is how to use the layout done on the iPad to make a 12x12 page. Here's an example of the Teton Park layout put on a 12x12 page.




I find Keynote a great way to create an album on the go. I'm considering just getting all my vacation pages printed in an 8.5 x 11 format as a photo book. 

We also learned how to change the file size of our digi supplies to a size that works perfectly on the iPad. This means that, with a little planning, pages can be quite artsy or embellished.

Another discovery I made is that the popular card size many digital creators are making for Project Life are great for using as background in Keynote. They do have to be rotated to landscape, so I look for designs that will rotate well.

Here's a layout I made using Anna Aspnes' Salty Living ArtsyKardz & a bit of lace from the kit:


Needless to say, I'm having a good time with this!




No comments: