Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today's photo

This sweet honeysuckle is growing on our fence. Photo was short in HDR Foto, edited in Camera+. It's my photo of the day.

You can tell I don't get out much - almost everything I shoot is in my yard. It's a good thing I'm in Hawaii - I have some kind of bloom all year round.

I have to get out on the street this weekend though, for a street photography assignment in iShotThat at ReneePearson.com.  I do take photos of my family, but you won't see much of that online.

Did I mention I bought an iPhone 4S last weekend? It was my birthday present (paid for mostly by me! with help from dear Kristel & Dirk). My old phone was cracking after having been dropped on concrete, and I was planning on upgrading as soon as the new phones came out. It's rather a bad time, with two trips coming up over the next 3 months that I also have to pay for, but the 8megapixel camera and Siri swayed me. Not that Siri is necessary, but I sure do like it. I just have to get used to using it more.

 And I love getting larger images out of the camera. My old point and shoot is slowly falling apart, and is only a few megapixels more. Of course it has a small zoom, but most of my shots are up close and personal anyway, so I'm not missing that tons.

Another reason for my purchase was that I use my phone a lot for videotaping students, and having the better video capacity will be a plus.

iOS5 I love. Oh, and I upgraded to OSX Lion, too last week. It went without a hitch. It just took me all of one morning to get it done.


No comments: