Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Birthday Cards


I have been thinking for some time that I should start making a few cards. I don't want to ever feel like it's something that I must do, but I have all these paper supplies, stamps, Sizzix, etc. on hand that I really don't use much anymore for paper scrapbooking since I'm doing almost exclusively digital for my scrapbooking. 

This seemed like a good month to start - two of my grandchildren have birthdays at the end of the month. Plus I had a pretty free day today, so why not now? 

One of the grandkids is a boy turning 13 (yikes!). He loves blue and green, but I have had this La Creme 8x8 pad around forever, so I decided to use it. I'm sure I'll learn a lot and get better at this with experience, but it'll do! The inside is just a handwritten note.

Below is the front & inside of my granddaughter's card. She's turning 9, and a current favorite is Hello Kitty. She also loves purple. The floral and chevron papers are Heidi Swapp, the purple is from a Basic Grey Plumeria paper pack. I inked the inside of the card using a stencil and I cut out the little tags and letters with my Sizzix. 



Other crafty projects on the list: my May Monthly pages, adding journaling to the metadata of some new photographs, cleaning up some of the mess in my craft room, and making another scrapbook page or two on  my iPad. 

Patti


No comments: