Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Where did May go??






Wow, it's the end of May, and my last post was May 2nd. I have no idea where the month went!

It feels like I was just in Texas visiting two of my my adorable grandchildren, but that was April.

May has been:

Absolutely lovely in the garden. Lots of blossoms on the orchids and the roses. And the hibiscus. My little pineapple is growing.




A bit unsettling: I am officially pre-diabetic, but it's a bit confusing because I've been eating very few carbs for eight months, so why should my blood sugar be whacky? I am, granted, 20-30 pounds heavier than I would like to be - weight that just won't leave my body it seems, unless I'm just not eating anything. I do have autoimmune issues, so it's possible that I'm slowly developing adult onset autoimmune diabetes. Since diagnosis, I've checked fasting blood sugars, and they dropped by 20 points a few days later but are starting to inch up again. In spite of a careful diet. There is Type 1 Diabetes in the family, but not close relatives. Something to keep an eye on.

Musically rewarding: My students played a fantastic recital a few weeks ago, mostly their own compositions. I'm so very proud of them! I've also been occupying my time learning a new level of Simply Music pieces in preparation for my more advanced classes. Lots of good stuff there!

Saying goodbye: to students who are moving, stopping because senior year is going to be too crazy, or because of family health issues. It's always hard to say goodbye because I love them all! But like everything else in this world, it's all temporary, and I have to hold them lightly in my hand while they are with me.

Missing my Skype buddy: You know who you are! I was traveling in April then she was traveling in May. Can't wait until we are in the same time zone again!

Summer plans: I sign up for Ali Edward's Hello Story class at Big Picture Classes, which starts in July. I always love Ali's classes, and especially love story-focused scrapping. I haven't done a lot of pages since TWELVE finished in December. Hopefully this will give me the kick in the pants I need!

August includes a trip to see my other grand kids in Washington. Life is certainly more boring with all the grand kids gone! I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more money on plane trips in upcoming years.

Walks at the beach: My summer schedule has space for me to spend more days walking at the beach in the morning. I plan on taking full advantage of that fact!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: