Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why Leave Home?


I spent last week having a great staycation while my daughter visited from California. I actually did almost no work (only answered a few emails), and we spent our days going for walks at the beach, playing at the beach and at home with my grandkids who live nearby, reading, and eating good food. It was very restful.

Of course having a great staycation was helped a great deal by the fact that we happen to live on an island in the middle of the Pacific with great beaches and sunshine.

We had the treat of laying on the beach with a Hawaiian monk seal basking on the nearby rocks. The official who was standing by guarding her said she is expecting a pup any day. I hope she found a quiet, secluded spot for her young one. There are only about 1,000 Hawaiian monk seals left, so each pup is precious.

1 comment:

Kayla Lamoreaux said...

Love your blog Patti - so glad I found it! I wouldn't leave home if I lived where you do either! :)