Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Musical Moments

I've got several music items today:

1. We had a lovely spring recital on Saturday. I am so very proud of every student. Especially those who played their very first recital, and more especially for one special boy who keeps trying to play and gets too scared - this time he did it! And played well, I might add. It's so good for the students to see that there's a bunch of children doing the same thing, and particularly to see that there are teens who have kept at it and play amazing things.

Hopefully one of the parents will send me photos - I didn't take a single picture.

2. Musicians Brains: read this article. Quite interesting. It explains why it's meditative for me to play Bach: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110505083421.htm

3. Almost anything can be made more interesting. Check out this inventive use of a Lady Gaga theme. No appearances of Lady Gaga are involved:

http://www.chambermusiciantoday.com/blog/posts/Lady-Gagas-Bad-Romance-Written-as-a-3-Voice-Fugue/

I'm hoping one of my teens will be interested in learning this fugue, just for the fun of it.

No comments: