Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Friday, August 5, 2011

PowerScrapIt!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady recently announced Power Scrap It, a set of actions for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Having recently taken her Digi Power Scrapping class at Big Picture Classes, I was sure this would be good, so I bought them.

I've been playing around with them a bit since I purchased them last night, and I know I'm going to use these actions all the time. They make is so fast and easy to put a layout together, especially using templates, which I do much of the time.

I did this layout in about 15 minutes, from start to finish, including locating the photo and converting it to black and white:


Papers and embellishments are from this lovely kit by Lynn Grievson

Granted, I didn't do any journaling, which would have taken a few more minutes.

My favorite actions are for batch adding files to the layout. They bring in entire folders of files, and I used them to bring in the whole digit kit I had chosen. I wasn't sure this was going to be terribly helpful to me, having so many layers to sort through. But after watching Wendy's video that comes with the actions, I was blown away with how quick and easy it is to try various papers and embellishments and place them on the page.

There is one action I wish was included, which would be to delete the hidden layers. I already have an action from someone else that does this, but it would be nice to have in the set.

I also wish that the action to begin with a template closed the original file. As it is now, it opens the template but also leave the original file open.

The conclusion is that this action set is so completely worth the $9.99 price (currently on special at that price).

No comments: