Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What Do You Do Here?

This is a question that Seth Godin asks people in organizations. I'm thinking about this in relation to my own work. What Do I Do Here? At one time I would have said that I teach music to children. Which is part of what I do. I hope to open the doors of musical expression to their young hearts, and help them gain confidence and a gift to share.

But reading Godin's Poke the Box, which I've only just started, has made me aware that isn't at the core of what I do.

Here is what I really do: I constantly search for the easiest, most effective way to help children learn that they are innately musical and creative, and I test those ideas out on my students.

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut, and plod along a pre-determined path with blinders on, but eventually I shake my head, look around and realize that this path isn't quite the one that is helping me a achieve that goal.Then I set off on another search to see what new ideas are already out there and what new ideas I can come up with on my own.

Since there are lots of creative thinkers in the musical world, I have lots of inspiring ideas to try out.

I am currently on another search to tweak my program.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: