Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Simply Music

I am happy to announce that I am now a licensed Simply Music teacher. I am a certified Suzuki Piano teacher have taught Suzuki Piano for over 30 years, and it has many, many advantages over traditional music. Students develop a high level of musicality and a great ear for music. It is classically based program, and I'm very comfortable there because I am classically trained.

I have, however, been thinking about how many people there are who are more interested in playing more contemporary idioms like ballads, blues, and jazz, in addition to classical. There are so many people who just want to enjoy playing for themselves or maybe for their friends.

Simply Music students learn to play in all of these genres, as well as how to accompany and make arrangements.

Both Suzuki Method and Simply Music are based on the principle that everyone is innately musical. You may not think so, but I'll be happy to prove you wrong!

Which program is right for you depends entirely on your goals in studying piano.

No comments: