Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

One Week

It's been a week since I started on hydrocortisone for suspected adrenal insufficiency. The blood work is not back yet, and that will likely be just the beginning of testing.

So how has this week gone? Not as well as I had hoped. The first few days I saw glimmers of improvement. Definitely. By day 6, I was able to make it through my longest work day, barely, in spite of having to take my husband to the airport at 3:30 AM. Maybe because I took an extra dose of hydrocortisone per the suggestion of others who have AI and have learned by experience.

Day 7 was another story. I had to be at the doctor's office for routine testing for my annual physical (my doctor is very thorough). Since my hubby was gone, I had to drive myself in. And drive myself home. By the time I was home I was done in. Back to bed I went. And there I stayed. I needed several naps. Then I had to drag myself back out of bed to pick my husband up at the airport. As soon  as we got home, it was back to bed.

I'm still there. However, there's still hope for a better day. One thing I noticed this week was that I tend to feel a bit better after  I've had the final bit of hydrocortisone. Not sure why to is, since it's not accumulating in the body (it's apparently gone by 6 hours). Maybe because the body's need for cortisol is low in the evening anyway? It didn't happen yesterday, but I'm hopeful for today.

I am very thankful to have a long weekend. Maybe I'll recover enough from yesterday to work a short day Tuesday.

So much to learn.

No comments: