Purpose


A blog to share about Adrenal insufficiency, Addison's Disease, Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, Music, Inspiration, Scrapbooking and other elements viewed through the lens of my life. I'm hoping that others who are traveling this journey may find some commonality, and maybe some information and inspiration.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Art Studio: Select and Layer Menus

I hope you all had a great weekend. It's time to talk about the Select and Layer Menus. Here's a screenshot of the Select menu. Make sure you have selected the layer you want in the Layers stack.  If you choose all, the entire layer including invisible pixels is selected. If you choose Alpha to selection, it will select on the object on the layer. 


Here I've selected using the Alpha to selection option. If you look closely you can see the marching ants:


And once you have made the selection, the options in the Select menu become available. 


These options do what they say - Border selects a border so you can then fill it with whatever color you want to. If you are used to Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you know what the other options do. 

And here is the screen shot of the Layer menu. Some of these are also available from the layer stack at the bottom of the screen. 


One word of advice: when working in ArtStudio, like in other programs, save frequently. I have found that when I don't, the program is somewhat prone to crashing, and that means you'll lose your work. This may be partly due to my very limited space on my iPad 1. But saving often is still a good idea.






No comments: